Tuesday, April 27, 2010

BRIGHT LIGHTS

Meeting and seeing the guardian is always a pleasure that I deem a rare luxury due to time constraint on both parties: they and I. Why I am so fond of them? They say life is like a box of chocolate. It will be an interesting one if the box consists of many different types of of chocolate in their tastes, shapes, packaging etc. I would describe the guardians this box of chocolate. Each unique in their own way and a quality that I admire in them is their unconventional ways which actually bring colours to the school.

A student to me, does not necessarily have to score all As to make him or her something that we call 'the light'. I prefer that he or she has a quality that makes him or her standing out from the rest, in a way that is pleasant and liked by others. (We don't want a student being the odd one out because of undesirable attitude). Again, I'm talking about being unconventional here be it in thinking and action. I enjoy teaching these types of students. I enjoy to discover that special something in them. Indeed I believe each and every student has the interesting side of them that are yet to be discovered. I believe that you possess the likes of such within you. It's just that i haven't done a great job as a teacher pertaining to that.

My form 5 students must have realised how during these few weeks, I keep mentioning about 'light'. I believe the light inside you should be lit for we have this mission to be the light that makes darkness dissappear. You are capable of being the light of SMAS and the light of the world! And i think the key is to be different!

1 comment: