Monday, September 1, 2014

SHOULD OR SHOULDN'T I

Dear students,

Hah! today is not Sept eleventh, the date when World Trade Centre in New York crumbled into ashes. But today is Sept first. What is so significant with the date that without me realizing forces me to crack my palm-sized brain to pour some words so that they may be worthy for our thoughts for further thought.

Yesterday we Malaysians celebrated our most auspicious day though it might bring very little or no significance at all to some or many of us for struggling for freedom is not in most of the lexicon of today's x & y generations. I am 40 years old and though a bit rude or unpatriotic do admit that i don't feel like celebrating as nothing special that can associate me with the most auspicious date. I am above all muslim, the rest comes second or does not come at all. If i may put i am also a beetle lover as it in some ways teach me a few recipes of life which have some bearings  more than from what i have got from years of formal settings at universities or schools. I learn not to risk my dear life negotiating sharp corners after my beetle lost its clutch on the road and turned turtle  which left its all four tires and flat stomach for display to other motorists passing the lane heading to Pengkalawan Gawi Kenyir. I learned to be a good driver then at least to be careful at corners.

Thinking that by the end of this year i may no longer be at smas which of course bring lots of bitter sweet memories, i feel that it is a must to be to preserve some records of the last final laps i will have taken hoping it will become things worthy to share for the sake of you my dear students as well as teachers who might copy paste things deem good to apply for students. I do this as i do feel I did very little contribution to school compared to what I have squeezed from students or the school environment itself  to my benefits. So, now it is timely that i need to do something despite many claim that this is of little or small importance. Never mind I should straighten things up so that the road to exit is clear and no one is standing in my way to bid good bye to smas.

So, after more than one hundred words, it is now clear to me that I need to or I should do this so called 'unpaid efforts' so that i may leave this school feeling that i have done my part to help bring at least a small betterment to this school. So what i have done today? oh almost all is not worthy to record. I have for the first time on the second day in seven years finished checking two exam scripts for English paper two. the papers belong to Amar and Aziz from five taqwa respectively. i prior to marking their papers attempted all the objective questions the part which i myself hardly got all answers correct. This time, i managed to get all the answers correct. That means the questions for this year's trial is not tough like before or i am already a seasoned teacher whose experiences helped me guess the answers better.It sounds boastful but it is in fact nothing to feel proud of as hundreds of  students could easily get all 15 objective questions correct. I guessed the former is true but i need to check the answers from my A students first. You guys may guess whose my A students are?. Just wait.. time will tell as this year English panel headed by Madam Saliza unanimously agreed to churn out at least 10 students getting A for English. To top them all is none other than Siti Nor Ehsan. I could see her niche when i first read her short essay four years ago. I could see her gradual improvement over years as year in year out as i am the one who happens to teach her English. However, I strongly believe that her passion for English language  is what makes her better user of the language.

To end this musing , let us ponder this quote from a renowned figure Winston Churchill. He said '  Personally  I am always ready to learn although i do not always like being taught'.

Sir Yusri




1 comment:

  1. And then what's the fate of your bettle now? Ya Allah... Jj ke? Which school you're planning to get transferred to?

    ReplyDelete