Monday, November 22, 2010

AS REFLECTION IS THE NOBLEST METHOD OF LEARNING


When I feel down, one of the things I would do is by thinking about the good things that are granted to me and keep hoping that such feelings will go away. Having to stay all alone at SMAS hostel makes it worse. Haha I mean at this time I should go for a vacation or something not being here. By the way I would like to qoute Confucios who once said, by three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest;and third by experience, which is the bitterest.
It seems to me that God wants me (and I am sure the same goes to you my dear students!)to learn the most through the third method which is the most difficult and like Confucious said the bitterest of all! It is so true in a sense that life gets so bitter that it has started to lose its sweetness! So, I must make it sweet to my own perception. So, I end up thinking that no matter how much I dislike my life that I am in at the moment, I will feel blessed when I think about the opportunity given by the Almighty God to meet many awesome people! And you my dear students are included! I have to say I am touched that it is so sweet of you to attend my class and accomplish all the tasks assigned. There are some of you who always try to make me smile when they see me frown. I feel guilty for it always slip my mind that I have many students who is nice and respect me the way a teacher is and what touches me the most is when there are few of them who think I'm their inspiration when I know myself too well that I know I am not fit,good enough to be someone inspiring. I've made mistakes in my teaching career, mistakes that I know will haunt me for the rest of my life.

As tomorrow is your SPM I would like to wish you all the best! I regret it that at times I take you for granted! I owe so much to you. All I know is I am going to miss you! The saying is so true that something will be of great value only after it's gone. Take care and be someone noble!

Love,
Miss F

No comments:

Post a Comment