Wednesday, July 7, 2010

THINGS GO BLANK AFTER SOMETIMES

Dear students,

All of a sudden, i feel obliged to pour out a thing or two that besides others most importantly i myself can benefit from it.The problem is i am running out of ideas, i mean ideas that matter which can bring about the change. After almost three weeks in hiding in KL listening lectures and talks that at times some were not worthy to my eardrums for self betterment as most of the lectures more or less tend to provoke some unsound government policies.

Nevertheless, who am i to criticise only to risk myself being labelled as hard core critic and put my profession at risk. The only thing that i can pride myself is when i questioned the speaker the rationale of legalising sports betting license as all religions are against betting, the unfamiliar speaker from ipba who blindly champion government policies shot me back with some same old illogical answers uttered by some ministers. To his and almost everyone's surprise the policies was declared scrapped the following day . I think I would be the last person in his people-to-meet list.

The big question mark is does the abovementioned issue matter to students as those things are beyond their life sphere, let alone their academic life . That is the problem as students are alienated from having engaged with sorts of thinking patters drawn from policies even at drafting stage. Thus, students can be easily cowed. So our challenge now is how to create a thinking students, harder still is to produce students who abide by principles upon knowing of their benefits and importances. We teachers sometimes behave against accepted rules of laws yet remain scot free for lacking of integrity. I am in fact now talking to my own basal self which fail to conform self propagated dogmas. Above all at present time, I will my best shot to help you my dear students despite my many weaknesses as a principled teacher.Then,things go blank sometimes.Probing in the dark for self evident truth seems no longer rules but norms.

Sir

1 comment:

  1. i was recently inspired by the movie 'Freedom Writers'.. go watch it Sir! it does teaches us teachers how to make them think!

    ReplyDelete