Friday, March 5, 2010

THE WOUNDS ARE NOT MEANT TO TURN YOU INTO SOMEONE THAT YOU ARE NOT

I could see her disappointment. After playing her game, she walked out of the hall straight away perhaps trying hard not to burst out tears in front of others. According to her, that was her first loss. Never had she tasted such a loss before. I could only response “Don’t worry, losing is important for it helps you to improve.” Suddenly, lines of a great poem ‘If’ by Rudyard Kipling that Sir Yusri used to quote hit my mind. “Treat those two impostors the same.” How hard it is to give equal treatment to both! I have to admit that as well. I wish I could tell her how wrong to not to experience losing at all! Life presents us with both success and failure and in order to shine we need both.

I have been living for almost quarter century, and tell you I don’t always get what I want. But things that I don’t like turned out to be the best for me. How grateful I should be as until today I feel like God always gives me the best in everything. The best family, the best acquaintances and to be given the oppurtunity to experience life in so many different places had made me feel ashamed to be ungrateful. Like they say, those are ‘blessings in disguise’.

I still remember moments when I felt at lost not knowing what to do for the despair that I had to go through I would spare sometime going outside and sit by the beautiful lake near my uni campus sitting and pondering what I should do. Of course I will end up with the conclusion that there is no other way out except to accept life as it is and be patient but I soon discover that in times like these we are not alone, for Allah is always by our side 24/7 listening and understanding us more than we do! I don’t know how to explain but God always has a mysterious ways of answering to our prayers! How shameful that I only realize that He is close during the time of sadness only.

At other times, it does crosses my mind that I am living the dream that someone might have secretly wished and hoped for. And the same goes to you dear students! How many people in the world can enjoy the same amount of food we eat everyday? Aren’t we thankful enough for this life? And challenge is a must! A life without challenge or a life where we can get anything that we wish for is not an exciting life. At this point I am happy for all the obstacles or else I wouldn’t be the person that I am today. I hate to tell others that I have never tasted the sensation of losing/ failures for we read it in all of the great person’s biography a hit is a must or else we remain static just like stagnant water. How boring such life is!

So to Syaza and those on the same shoes, keep climbing and don't give in! You’re still young and there is a long way for you to traverse the excitement of not only winning badminton match in MASMAT but also this LIFE! Just keep in mind, do things in a right manner for in the end it is to God that we will return to.

1 comment:

  1. that's right! we , tend to have a long look at the half empty of the glass.Nevertheless, the other half promised us countless blessings. That is because we were made human.The lesser human factor the shorter we give a look at the empty half.

    ReplyDelete