Sunday, February 6, 2011

Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation. ~Kahlil Gibran

Dear Students,

Thank Allah that He inspires me to remember this hadith and surprisingly, it gives me comfort. This life is too short and if you obey Him, you'll be with those whom you love in the hereafter. "A man said to the Prophet, “O Messenger of Allah, what do you say about a man who loves some people but cannot catch up with their good deeds?” Allah’s Messenger said, “One will be with those whom he loves.”

A student wrote on my FB wall, I think it's a lyric of a song of how wonderful if we (Students and us, the teachers) can be together forever. Thinking about it, it seems impossible but the key is, we must obey Allah so that we can meet up once again for eternity.

It's really hard to part with all of you. But I want to believe in God for He is everything. And I came across this hadith, which made me feel better. Thank Allah for inspiring me such a good thing! I might be a teacher teaching at another school, but if we set our intentions for His sake, we are actually in the same battlefield! I really love all of you, the fact that we have to part shows that my love for all of you students is so deep.

Alright I will end this post with few qoutes on Good-bye. They are really good that I can't resist sharing. Hehe

Adieu! I have too grieved a heart to take a tedious leave. ~William Shakespeare

Man's feelings are always purest and most glowing in the hour of meeting and of farewell. ~Jean Paul Richter

The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected. ~Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook

In the hope to meet
Shortly again, and make our absence sweet.
~Ben Jonson

1 comment:

  1. so touched the post makes me ponders how deep the thought of those sages. It is much help for us in times of need like this. I happened to experience what you are feeling right now as i experienced a few tragic separation with my beloved students as well. My first batch at smaasze now form five is still etched in my mind. I think you may experience the same as history by nature repeats itself.

    ReplyDelete