Friday, February 11, 2011

I AM NOTHING ON MY OWN

A very nice story shared by Paolo Coelho on his website today that it actually brought tears to my eyes.

“I am a daisy in a field of daisies,” thought the flower. “Amidst others, it is impossible to notice my beauty.”

An angel heard what she was thinking and commented:

- But you are so pretty!

- I want to be the only one!

In order not to hear any complaints, the angel carried her off to a city square.

Some days later, the mayor went there with a gardener to make some changes to the square.

- There is nothing of interest here. Dig up the earth and plant geraniums.

- Hold on a minute! – cried out the daisy. – You’ll kill me if you do that!

- If there were some others like you, we could make some nice decoration – answered the mayor. – But there are no daisies to be found around here, and you on your own do not make a garden.

Then he tore the flower from the ground.

The great 2 years, I attribute it to the best colleague in the world, Sir. A day at a new school, I realised I am no more that special teacher (at least to my own self) without him as a teammate. But like he said, life must go on and perhaps one day we can again work together, I hope. Insya Allah


3 comments:

  1. I'm afraid i m not as i have countless flaws beyond explain.It seems i need to start anew as the one whose similar welt·an·schau·ung is no longer around.Only her fighting spirit transmitted to students still lingers here. She is correct if she felt sad reading the story of coelho. One thing i will always remember while at the rural setiu is 'we rather small but our own empire than big but others'. smas is small but we feel happy as there was a sense of belonging.remember last two years..your first year stint at smas.we register both the highest percentage increase of students getting As and the highest percentage increase of students getting pass for english in smas. The same year both ainur aina secured first places in qualifying rounds. what a historic! reminiscing this may give you a smile as you once made smas matter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. correction! not only smas but smant haha..

    ReplyDelete
  3. sir it's never about perfection, it is about what something is

    ReplyDelete