Sunday, February 27, 2011

ONCE A TEACHER, ALWAYS A TEACHER

I feel guilty for introducing my teacher who is now my colleague to a friend who came for a visit to school as 'my ex-teacher'. He never addresses me as 'my ex-student'. It is always 'she is my student', even to his students who are also now my students. This leads to a thinking that 'teacher-student' relationship, just like biological relationships, is forever. We can put and end to other types of relationships but never these two. We should never have the guts to call our teacher, our ex-teacher. Like they say, once a teacher, always a teacher. I even think, if it is true, that in paradise we will always address our teacher as teacher or whatever names they give as a symbol of respect.

I love my teachers.
And I love my students. They are the love of my life.

3 comments:

  1. to me doesn't matter as he knew the x used was to make things clearer. in fact the bond remains.he is so proud to have his old student as his colleague teaching things he once taught. the word 'old' may apply in this case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'teacher-student' relationship, just like biological relationships, is forever. We can put and end to other types of relationships but never these two. <---farah, what a beautiful sentiment! :)

    ReplyDelete