Thursday, February 3, 2011

SAD BUT TRUE

Dear students,

In two days to come, our beloved,dedicated yet brilliant teacher will leave us after sweating for more than two years to bust English ghouls that haunted SMAS inhabitants over the years.She managed to do that as her mere presence exudes confidence amongst students. Of course many want to emulate her steps towards success. I still remember once, when our student (head boy now), with confidence and sheer conviction standing behind a rostrum in a program held in Marang last year end told the floor that he wanted to further his tertiary level studies at Melbourne University. It occurred to me at that time that he was inspired by her teacher named Miss Farah, Oz graduate.The first time ever, oz graduate landed on our turf. She has charted a new revolution in English performance for both pmr and spm ( to be released soon).I am pretty sure of that like i believe tomorrow is Friday.

And now comes the hardest part.Out of the blue, due to godfathers' grand design she is to leave us.Leaving for a better pasture though without her knowing or agreeing with.At least , we should be happy with that as that sort of things promises a better her. Then,with no choice we should admit that this is life.We never know for sure what the future beholds despite our meticulous or detailed strategies. And all we need to do best is to enjoy the process. I knew she enjoyed two year stint here at SMAS.To me if not the best she is amongst the best teaching colleagues i have ever had. With her presence at SMAS ,the students' confidence in the language has improved by leaps and bounds like never before. The quote that sounds 'What the teacher is, is more important than what he teaches. ...' rings true.

If things go as planned. And she is not destined to dwell in Pak Kancil area anymore. All i wish is best of luck.To end let us ponder this quote “There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign.” - Robert Louis Stevenson. It is to everyone at SMAS without exception a case of sad but true.

Sir

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Sir!
    I owe it to all of you that now I know that I do have passion to teach... i know it that I need you all more than you need me. Before being here in SMAS as a teacher, I really don't know what is my worth.. now I know I mean something to at least to the habitants of SMAS

    ReplyDelete