Tuesday, June 23, 2009

2A'S MASTERPIECES

The essays published were written by 2A students. These are their original essays without any editing or alteration. So, all the errors are highlighted and it is hoped that all of you will learn from these mistakes and you are welcomed to correct these mistakes in the comment box. Happy reading and correcting!

The first one is by Noor Idayu Mohd Zaki

Farisha and Farell are talking about their hobbies at the morning.

Farell: Morning Farisha. How are you?
Farisha: Morning Farell. Surely I'm fine. Why about you?
Farell: I'm fine too.
Farisha: Have your sit. What type of drink you would have to?
Farell: Just a soft drink. So, what do you want to do this morning. Don't you have any meeting?
Farisha: Ouh, I have no meeting today. But I plan to go to Sunway Lagoon. I would like to practice my swimming. Don't you like to join me together?
Farell: That great idea! But, truly I say, I never know that you have to swim, rite?
Farisha: I love to swim very much. It is my hobby.
Farell: Ouh, talking about hobby, if you like to swim, I also like it, but, I most like to play squash.
Farisha: Hmmmm... I see, so, don't you like to join me?
Farell: Of course I want!
Farisha: So let's go!

Ok, I hope you can detect the errors and have no difficulty correcting it. So, let's look at the next one written by Ainur Mardhiah Ali.

Assalamualaikum wbt and a very good morning to the chairperson, honourable guests, teachers and all my dear friends. Today I would like to deliver a speech and title swimming.
Often in our every day's live we dream of a healthy body, free from disease. So, swimming is the best activity that we can do to get healthy body. I am sure most of you have heard of this famous name, Michael Phelps. He is the fastest swimmer in the world during Olympic 2008 last year. Do you have any idea of how he can keep his body healthy? He keeps his body healthy with swimming.
My dear friends,
With swimming, we can add our energy, and we can exercise our body, including our hand, leg and breath. We could maintain it when we swim. If you do not know how to swim, there's many ways to you if you want to learn it. You may go to fitness centre or swimming centre. There, they will teach you how to swim.
My dear friends,
Eventually, I would like to urge each and everyone here to swim because to be a healthy person, you must exercise. One of the exercise is by swimming. With that, I end my speech. Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. both entries deserve credits as both young writers have ideas. Grammatical mistakes? don't worry ! over time through reading and writing you will improve my dear! well done! those who want to correct, do so without hesitation! learn from your mistakes, but to save budget do learn from others' mistakes as you don't have to go through every single mistake to be good, better or best! said Aristotle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! all of you have produced well-written essays.. just ensure that you'll never stop, like Sir said, reading and writing because these are the only ways to be a good writer. More essays to come..... TUNGGU~~

    ReplyDelete